Sunday, September 12, 2010

Whirlwind of a Weekend...

My sister, hubby & kiddos came into town.  My sweet friends Holly & Timothy had a super awesome adoption yard sale.  Helped host my sweet cousin Katelyn's baby shower today.  My grandma had health problems and I spent the entire shower + some in the ER with her (alone!).  Woah, what a weekend!  Not only am I worn out... but I am emotionally drained!  Thankful that everything is okay with my grandma, Timothy & Holly's sale was an awesome success, my sister's kiddos are growing up sooo fast and my cousin & baby are doing great!  I guess I can't complain!  I will admit though... with the crazy weekend and feeling like I'm still stuck in 1st trimester (at least I think that's what this feels like, based on other's comments)... I am pretty emotional.  Really, I'm trying hard to just CHILL. 

Not to mention, the financial side of things are getting to me daily.  I have been praying about this a lot lately, but its hard thinking the reality of it all.  Not mention, knowing that not only are we saving up to pay for our actual adoption.... but since I'm self-employed... we still have to save up for some maternity leave time.  Ahh... does it ever end?  We got home a few minutes ago and I was checking out some blogs that I love to read.  I found some encouragement and had to share this...

So, click HERE .

Hopefully this will help encourage someone else who is also struggling with the financial side of adoption. I am seeking God daily for my strength.  I trust that this is His plan and know He will provide in His own timing!  Now.. we're looking forward to Thursday!  We're meeting with our social worker and starting our home study!  Yay!

Until then... Brantley

2 comments:

Wanda said...

Sorry you got stuck in the ER. Katie and I got there as soon as we could. Nothing wrong, as usual, according to the doctors.

Timothy and Holly said...

Wow Brantley! Thanks for sharing that blog. That's a point of view I need to keep, in mind!