Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Adoption...

Adoption is something very precious to me, and something I have felt very passionate about for many years.  Ever since I met Richard and we talked more about marriage, I realized this was something we both wanted in life.  I am a firm believer that God gives this passion to certain people for a reason.  Now I'm not saying its bad if you have no desire to adopt, but I feel a deep calling.  Over the past year, we have started the journey of looking into agencies, even the possibly of adopting through DSS.  However, the journey ended when we felt the door kept closing on us.  Well, we're back on track and feel that God is tugging harder and harder at our hearts.  I feel this deep yearning and sense of peace like never before.  I feel very confident that God will bless us with a child, and one day soon.

Now, you may ask, do you not want a child of your 'own'?  Yes of course we do!  We, so badly would love to have a child of our own.  However, we feel that God is calling us in this direction at the time.  One day we hope to also have a child made from us.  But for now, this is the journey we plan to take.  Its so exciting, yet still so scary.  We have recently started the very early stages of the process through Bethany Christian Services.  Bethany is a Christian Adoption Agency, and they also have a local office here in Columbia.  This was a huge benefit for us in choosing Bethany.  Not to mention, we know several other couples who have adopted through them and have had an amazing and personal experience.

Please continue to pray for Richard and I as we embark on this next phase, or journey in our lives!  We're so excited to see what God has in store for us, and to meet this child that God has for us!

No comments: