Sunday, January 9, 2011

What we're doing....

Where do I even begin with this post?  In the 4 days that we've had Katherine Grace in our home, I feel as though I've known this little lady for months now!  (in a good way!)  We've washed soooo many loads of clothes, burp clothes, swaddlers and onesies.  We've done at least a dozen loads in the dishwasher of bottles and nipples.  And lets not forget the MANY diaper changes we've done!  We're definitely pros at that part by now!  And even though these things have become so routine and redundant, we are loving every minute with our little girl. 

On Monday, tomorrow, she will be one week old!!!  That blows my mind already!  Everyone tells me to soak in as much of this time as you possibly can... because one day you will wake up and she'll be 16 years old and driving.  I keep trying to remind myself of that, and now that stop and think.... it is already flying by!  I know I will be sad when these sweet days of her sleeping most of the day, and barely opening her little squinty eyes are over...  but for now... I try and enjoy it as much as I as possibly can.

I've already made some sweet sweet memories with this little lady.  I won't go into detail, but just sweet moments between her and I.  I've already bonded with her, and truly love her sooooo much!  Richard and I are just eating up this time with her.  So happy and thankful to our God for giving her to us!  He has been and continues to be so faithful to us.  I rejoice knowing the trials we've been through to get to this place.  They were worth every minute and I praise Him because of them!  So, happy early 1 week my sweet little girl!  Mommy loves you sooo much!

Until then... Brantley


1 comment:

Venessa said...

Congrats on your precious baby girl! I was so excited to see the news! I hope that you continue to have wonderful moments that will make forever memories!