I have tried waiting as long as humanly possible to show you our nursery and the many updates. Well... today, a super talented (and I don't think I can rave enough!) Devan Huntley came over and painted a mural for us! I am ecstatic and couldn't be more thrilled with the outcome! I'm so ready for our sweet baby to be in our arms now! Ahhh... its complete [minus baby]!
By the way... if you or anyone you know may be interested in a painting, mural... whatever... let me know and I will put you in contact with Devan! She is amazing and we're SO happy with the end result!
Some more updates on how we saved money!
1) Purchased the fabric we wanted from Fabric.com for the curtains and bedding.
2) My awesome mom sewed the slip covered bumpers and really cute curtains
3) Glider purchased off Craigslist for $50 - Matches nursery perfectly & SUPER comfy! And an added plus - its glides AND swivels! LOVE!
4) Mural painted by a former bride of ours - Devan McClure Huntley
5) Changing Table - purchased at WalMart for $75 (meant to be a buffet) & painted white
6) Baby Swing purchased from Once Upon a Child (in excellent condition!) for only $35!
7) Book Shelf was reused and repainted from another room in house
8) "Family Rules" Canvas made myself
Devan working on the mural earlier today!
I'm so thankful for everything friends and family have done for us to help get the nursery ready! I LOVE everything about it now and can't wait to have our baby home!
Until then... Brantley