Thursday, September 9, 2010

1 Week Countdown!

So stinkin happy we only have one week to wait before starting our home study!  Truth be told, I'm a little nervous!  I know I shouldn't be, but I am. The stand still that we were on, expecting that nothing would start until December or January... well... it had me expecting the worse.  I tried not to think it would be possible for things to start sooner, because then I knew I'd get my hopes up and be crushed [again].  So.. I'm glad I though negatively!  ha That's a first!

But in all seriousness... its exciting!  Because, now the ball is moving again and our journey to meet our baby is now one step closer!  Its exciting, while at the same time... pretty scary.  I have been meeting so many wonderful ladies at church lately through various things.  I'm so excited to have that support and advice from other moms.  The hard (although good) part is that I hear all about the not-so-good days.  It is helping to prepare me though.  Nonetheless, I'm glad to be in the place right now.

So... all you moms or soon-to-be moms.... what sort of tips or advice do you have to share?  Any parenting advice or things we should be doing to prepare for a little one?  All comments are welcome!

Until then... Brantley

3 comments:

Me said...

My one tip that I'm learning more than ever right now is to stay guarded throughout the adoption process. Stay cautiously optimistic. You just never know...until you know. For the homestudy, I know it will go fine. Go over some of the questions with your husband and do a little prep work on your answers. Especially answers to questions about discipline and parenting. If you're on the same page going into the homestudy, you'll feel a bit more relaxed. Good luck! And, yay for one week!

Mrs Gable said...

I am praying for you and I know everything will work out! God Bless!!!

Erin (Bell) Parks said...

Hey Brantley,
It's been awhile, huh!? I've been simply reading your blog this week and catching up with your story, but had to comment on this one...because I am a mom.
The greatest thing any mother can do is to pray pray pray for their child's heart. Regardless of how you get there, you & Richard will be responsible for an eternal soul. How special is that! Being in prayer now for the day when that child is placed in your arms, at just the right time, and for His purpose alone.
I have been encouraged by your story! Thanks for sharing :)
Erin