Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 4th Morning!

Well good morning everyone!  Some of you may still be sound asleep in your comfy little beds while I'm writing this post.  Not us... we're wide awake and have been for the last hour.  Its 7:40am on Sunday, July 4th.  I have to be honest and say that I honestly wish I was sound asleep right now, I'm so stinking tired, its not even funny!  Yesterday, a sweet friend and photographer that I know, Kathy, filled in our for our other good friend Brooke.  You probably remember Brooke from a few posts back, she delivered twins.  Fortunately, when Brooke found out a ways back that she was pregnant, Kathy and I also happened to be available.  This isn't the first time we've worked alongside one another, so we had a great time.  Kathy also filled in for my husband, Richard last summer while he was out of town.

Anyway.... we worked out butts off and were so glad we could help out our friend.  Knowing she is home with her sweet, healthy babies, made yesterday completely worth it!  By the time I got home last night, it was midnight.  Lets just say, I will be a great mom in the sense that I am perfectly fine going to bed at an early time.  I am more a morning person than night.  Not really sure why, but thankful for that.  So, as I'm sitting here sipping my coffee and trying so hard to wake up and not feel so sore from a long days work... I'm thinking about all of those men and women who give so freely for me.  I know its so common to see comments like that made on the 4th of July, but deep down, I am so thankful for  them.  I know I wouldn't be able to do what they do, be away from my family like that, much less stand on the enemy line and fight for freedom!  Its scary just to think about it.

So, on this beautiful Sunday morning, I am thinking of them!  I am thinking how incredibly brave each of them are, and how much they must really miss their families right now!  So, thank you!  Thank you for serving and giving of yourselves!  Well, its Sunday and we're so excited to have finally joined a new church and finding ourselves plugged in after so long.  :)  Its a good feeling and I'm excited!  Today, Richard and I will be greeting guests.  I hope I can wake up & get perky and FAST!  haha  Plus, I'm stoked because THIS Friday (yes, I said THIS) is our adoption orientation!  It feels like such a dream to me, but it is really here! (almost)  So, Happy 4th of July everyone!!!!

Until then, Brantley

No comments: