Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hope Now

Thursday is finally here and we all know that means tomorrow is FRIDAY!  Praise God!  This day has been on my calendar for so long and I have never awaited a Friday like this in so long!  Tomorrow is our adoption orientation day and I'm sure most of you will be so happy when I stop doing my daily countdown for it.  I'm hoping that we will get some more details, have more information to share and really get this ball moving.  I am an emotional wreck and I'm not sure my husband wants to put up with me much longer if I continue down this path.  (teasing)  But in all seriousness, things are going well considering not much has been done but the waiting game.  I'm thinking this will be a big trend in the upcoming months.  

This morning I slept in until 8:00am, which was AMAZING!  I haven't been feeling well these past couple of days with some major sinus issues and just a lack of sleep.  I started getting horrible tooth aches because of it and well, its just been a really hard week for me.  But, today I woke up refreshed and ready for a new day!  I have so much hope for the future, hope for this baby we're praying so hard for.  I cannot wait, it makes me cry just thinking about it.  Yesterday, we went over to a friend's house (Leigh & Gray) to pick up a bookshelf that they so graciously donated to our yard sale.  The ironic thing is that they too are trying to save up and raise support for their own adoption of two ethiopian children (click to view their blog) .  Yet, they still helped us out and bought one of our shirts.  Then, just last night I got another email from a past bride.  She said that she and her small group girls wanted to help out in some way.  They didn't have much to donate, but said that they would love to come and set up a lemonade stand and sell that for us the day of. Its acts of kindness and generosity like this that have kept me strong.  Ahh, I'm tearing up again.  Thank you so much everyone, thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you are doing!  This has been so amazing, that there is no way to give credit to anyone other than God!  Which is so awesome, because that's all I've wanted from day 1, was for Christ to be glorified through all of this.  For me to surrender completely and trust in Him... that if this be His will, He will bring the details together and provide.  Wow, how awesome!

While on that subject, here is a quick list of what's been donated so far....
3 tvs, baby toys, children's books, purses, kitchen appliances, rugs, door mattes, home decor, blinds, bookcases, misc furniture, electronics, paintings, artwork, frames and framed prints, lamps, books, clothes (really NICE clothes), bedding, decorative pillows, games.... and the list goes on.

Guys seriously, I cannot say it enough, its completely overwhelming in the best possible way!  People have contacted us from the woodworks (people that I've never met) to offer things for our sale, ask how they can help and offer out their support to us!  I never in my wildest dreams would have ever fathomed this sort of support!  We still get emails from people saying they have some things but don't feel it would be worth it to sell.... who cares, it may seem so small to you, but every little bit can count, I promise!  We are more than happy to take anything you are willing to share and sell it.  Whatever doesn't sell at this first sale, we will most likely do a second sale later on.  After that, depending on what is left... we might save for our auction in the fall, take to Goodwill, or offer to other families who are doing adoption yard sales.

So please, don't feel like your items aren't of worth and won't make a difference.  God is awesome and so are yard sale shoppers!  (insert some humor)  haha 

One piece of encouragement that I hang on to.  Hope.

Addison Road wrote and sings a song called, Hope Now.  I absolutely love it and listen to it almost every morning when checking my emails.  

(CHORUS)
Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free


(VERSE 2)
When my life is like a storm
Rising waters all I want is the shore
You say I'll be ok
Make it through the rain
You are my shelter my from the storm

Just a little something for your day!  And lastly, a quick count of t-shirts available.  
(Sizes in Stock: 5 small, 10 Medium, 10 Large)
I can't wait to fill you all in on our orientation tomorrow! 

Until then, Brantley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love that song~and love you too!
i want to buy a medium shirt. I should have had justin give you the $$ when he saw you today. i'll buy it next time I see you!