Tuesday, October 26, 2010

For there is JOY in my heart!


The Lord is so good and so faithful!  My prayer these past few days is for some comfort.  As happy as I am for those around me who have been getting their placement, getting pregnant, etc.  It hurts even still.  I have been so eager to get my baby, to get my call, and to finally hold my baby in my arms... that I have been wishing this precious time away.  I was eating dinner last night with my husband and suddenly realized its practically November!  That means our anniversary, Thanksgiving, Christmas just around the corner, then my birthday!  It seems like these months fly by anyway, and now they literally are!  I realized that this period of waiting is what God has for me and it is good.  I'm slowly starting to realize that.

During every time in my life when I'm been forced to wait on something... I look back and rejoice for those periods of waiting.  I, then, realize how much I learned and how God moved in me during those times.  I am praying for that now.  For my life to be of use during this time of waiting and for God to mold me into the woman He wants me to be, to serve others and make Him glorified in the process!  Well... last night I had a glimpse of what Joy is supposed to feel like.  Pure, unselfish JOY!

Let me tell you... when you let go and stop being so wrapped up in yourself and your own pitty... that joy for others and the excitement in their life comes so naturally!  And its beautiful!

My friend, Lauren, whom I'm shared with you multiple times now, finally received their referral from Ethiopia last night.  I have been praying for her so much lately, as well as a few other gals I've met that are adopting.  But Lauren has been on my heart from the very beginning and has really inspired me throughout my journey.  She is so real with her words, and honest in a way I haven't seen anyone else be.  She is a strong woman and has such a moving story.  She is open about her walk with the Lord and she makes me smile when I read her blog posts.  But you see... I've never even met her.  She lives up in VA, and here I am way down in SC.  haha  But I feel as though I have known her for so long.  She has become a friend, a really good friend to me and I feel blessed.

When I got the text last night from another sweet friend, Leigh, that Lauren had gotten her call... I broke down into tears standing in the bookstore!  I have never truly been so happy for someone else's happiness!  I felt this overwhelming sense of JOY and it felt amazing!  Richard (my husband), looked at me and asked if we got "the call", and I giggled, no, but I felt like it was us that got it!  He was a little bummed at first, but then when I shared with him that Lauren did... he was thrilled too!  So you see... God is good!  He gave me this beautiful joy in my heart for another that I wouldn't trade for anything!  I'm now hoping and praying that it will work out for me to be in VA at the airport for the day she returns from Ethiopia with her precious Tucker!  I want to be in the crowd of people cheering her on!!!  Praising God for such a beautiful miracle!  And finally have my chance to meet Lauren on one of the happiest days of her life!  So with that I leave you a little piece of my encouragement for the day!

Romans 8:24   

For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? 


Romans 12:12 
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 

No comments: